Wish List Wednesday

Wednesday, December 23, 2009 |
A Blue So Dark, by Holly Schindler

Terrified that her mother, a schizophrenic and an artist, is a mirror that reflects her own future, sixteen-year-old Aura struggles with her overwhelming desires to both chase artistic pursuits and keep madness at bay.

As her mother sinks deeper into the darkness of mental illness, the hunger for a creative outlet keeps drawing Aura toward the depths of her own imagination—the shadows of make-believe that she finds frighteningly similar to her mother’s hallucinations.

Convinced that creative equals crazy, Aura shuns her art, and her life unravels in the process.


Oooh. Pretty. The cover is so beautiful. I can't wait to read this one; the plot is so originial- I'm looking forward to May 2010!!!

<3 Cate

3 comments ♥:

Kirthi said...

I love how dark and crazy this book sounds, it's a new idea, I've been getting tired of all the "vampire, werewolf, angel" books coming out. I'll be sure to add this to my Wishlist :)

A Passion For Books said...

great pick! i'm really looking foward to reading this one too.

Sandy said...

I really like the cover for this one too-it's very alluring :)

Post a Comment

Newer Posts Older Posts Home