Wish List Wednesday

Wednesday, November 4, 2009 |

I've fiddled around with Waiting and Wednesday and pondered over Want it Wednesday, but I've found myself leaning towards a meme that also focuses on books that have already been released that I'm interested in reading. Hence Wishlist Wednesday. :D

Fifteen-year-old Mackenzie Hill knows something is up when she arrives home to find her father making a home-cooked dinner, instead of his standard delivery pizza. But nothing prepares her for the bombshell announcement: Mackenzie and her dad, alone since the death of her mother a year ago, are moving to Jerusalem, where her father has taken a position as a visiting professor at a university.

The adjustment from life in Canada to life in Israel is dramatic - though it's eased somewhat when Mackenzie is befriended by an American girl in her new school. The biggest shock of all comes when Mackenzie faces the wrath of her new friends, new community, and even her own father after she begins dating a Muslim boy.


I have been dying to read Mackenzie, Lost and Found by Deborah Kerbel. And although I haven't heard too much buzz around this book, what I have heard has been only good. Earlier this week, Briana from The Book Pixie wrote a review that only piqued my interest even more so than before. Also, this cover is beautiful and striking; I can hardly wait to get my hands on it!

Has anyone else read this? Did you enjoy it, or were you disappointed? I'd love to hear your opinion!

<3 Cate

3 comments ♥:

Logan said...

Hey Cate, I'm a little slow...Could you explain what a 'meme' is?

Thanks! Keep writing...

Cate said...

Hi Logan! No problem- I think they best way I can generally describe a meme is an idea that spreads. I know- vague. However, in the book blogging world, I think the easiest way to understand the concept is by example. Some of the more common memes are In My Mailbox, Waiting on Wednesday, and Teaser Tuesday. Usually these are weekly 'events' that take place on a variety of book blogs. So, technically, Wishlist Wednesday isn't a full-blown meme because I'm the only one that uses it. {At the moment; anyone is welcome to participate}

I hope that helped at least a little!

Kirthi said...

I can't wait to read it, Jerusalem is a very diverse place! The cover IS striking and very beautiful. :D

Post a Comment

Newer Posts Older Posts Home