The Actor and the Housewife by Shannon Hale Review

Friday, July 24, 2009 |

The Actor and the Housewife is essentially the story of a very famous British actor (Felix Callahan) becoming friends with an average American housewife (Becky Jack). It chronicles their trials and their smooth-going days, their hysterical banter and their tears.

I have been excited about this book for months. And months. Quite simply, I love Shannon's writing, and I couldn't wait for more of it. I was worried that my expectations were too high; that I would be disappointed after reading. Thankfully, this was not the case. I may as well warn you, this isn't a normal review. I had a very difficult time writing, just because of the fact that I loved it so much.

The back-and-forth between Becky and Felix had me chuckling through the first hundred pages. It was very Gilmore-Girls-esque, which, in other words, means I loved it. I wasn't bored for a second while I was reading; I think Shannon nailed the pacing. The ending was perfect and unexpected and incredibly satisfying. I have my fingers and toes crossed that there will be a sequel. I'll wrap up the gushing now. :)

What I've been dying to tell you is: Go out and get it! Today. I mean it.

Rating: 10/10

2 comments ♥:

Priya said...

Must read this... great review!

Anonymous said...

I love Shannon Hale's books - I want to buy this now!

Post a Comment

Newer Posts Older Posts Home