Teaser Tuesday

Tuesday, July 7, 2009 |

This is my first Teaser Tuesday! I've seen these everywhere, and each says that it began at a different source, so I'm not really sure who to credit the idea to. But thank you, whoever you are, all the same. Here are the rules:

Rules:
*Grab your current read
*Open to a random page
*Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
*Be Careful not to include spoilers! (try not to give too much away)
*Share the title & author

At the moment I'm rereading Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince , by J.K. Rowling in preparation for the movie. Here's the teaser:

"You'd think people had better things to gossip about," said Ginny, as she sat on the common room floor, leaning against Harry's legs and reading the Daily Prophet. "Three dementor attacks in a week, and all Romilda Vane does is ask me if it's true you've got a hippogriff tattooed across your chest."

~Page 535

Have a terrific Tuesday, everyone! <3 Cate

3 comments ♥:

Sandy said...

I remember this part in the book! I thought it was so cute how they flirted...and how fast Ginny grew up. I remember in the first books how she'd turn purple whenever Harry came near. xD

Cate said...

Yes, what I love about Rowling's books is that bits and pieces stick with you. I always associate good feelings and memories with any Potter book. Haha, Ginny was always a wonderful character. =)

Angela said...

I've never read any of the Harry Potter books but my sister is trying to peer pressure me into reading them.

Thanks for sharing that excerpt.

Post a Comment

Newer Posts Older Posts Home