Flashback Friday (3)

Friday, September 18, 2009 |

Hello Everyone! This is my third Flashback Friday entry, which is essentially a post where I share a little about a favorite book of mine from when I was younger. You're welcome to participate- I'd love to hear what books you loved at a young age! Please just leave a comment with a link!

This week, I decided to showcase Island of the Blue Dolphins by Scott O'Dell. Yet another survival story! I believe this one is about a girl who is left to fend for herself on an island in the middle of the Pacific Ocean.

To be honest, this boook wasn't very popular at my school library. Each 4th grade student was required to read a certain number of books per month, and most kids picked the shortest stories they could find. However, I remember taking this book home and devouring it within a few hours. The plot was very intriguing to me, and it became one of my (many) favorite books.

Coming up next week there'll be a twist- a book that I didn't like so much...stay tuned to see!

<3 Cate

2 comments ♥:

Priya said...

Unfortunately, I didn't really like this one because all my teachers tried to force us to read it... :(

Nina said...

I love a good survival story! Thank you for your thoughts on this book!

Post a Comment

Newer Posts Older Posts Home