Once Upon a Read-a-thon Wrap-Up

Thursday, July 15, 2010 |
Let me start out by saying what I have learned from this read-a-thon experience, concerning myself, my reading habit, and things in general that I need to keep in mind for the next time I do this:


1) Choose books that are on the short side- you'll feel like you've gotten more accomplished
2) Do your best to block out those three days completely; I took a short break on Tuesday to hang out with some friends and ended up reading only a few pages for the day because I got so distracted ;P
3) I am a slow reader. That's just the way it is. Don't worry too much if you're like me- the read-a-thon is for your enjoyment, not something else to stress over. (Thanks to Sandy for helping me realize that!)
4) Have Twitter buddies! It just makes the experience a LOT more enjoyable.
5) Keep chocolate nearby. I don't think there's a logical reason for this, but I'd recommend it anyway.


In the end, I only read two books, but I ADORED both of them. I was amazed by the sheer imagination used in Brightly Woven, and Sisters Red was downright awesome. Chuck Norris would be proud. I can't wait to share my reviews with everyone!

<3 Cate

4 comments ♥:

Sandy said...

There is no logical reason for wanting chocolate other than, IT'S CHOCOLATE. :D

Aww, Cate. <3

Angela @ Reading Angels said...

Great job. I read 5 books, which is one short of my goal, but still good! Hope you had a good time!
I agree with needing twitter buddies! And we definitely wanted everyone to have fun and NOT STRESS!!! glad you realized it.

Caroline said...

Awesome job!
I have never done a read-a-thon but it looks fun!
Might do that next time one comes up.
Can't wait to read your Brightly Woven review, the book looks great!
Have a lovely weekend.

Melanie said...

I always seem to frustrate myself with read-a-thons, since I'm a slow reader too. I think I need to take a chill pill. :p

And chocolate is a must have at pretty much all times.

Post a Comment

Newer Posts Older Posts Home