Under the Lamplight: Priya from Book Crumbs

Friday, July 30, 2010 |
This week the lovely Priya from Book Crumbs is joining us!

Blog Link: http://priyaganesan.blogspot.com/


Could you give a little blurb on your blog?
My blog, Book Crumbs, consists of Middle Grade and YA book reviews (with a few classics and children’s books thrown in); poetry and other writing; any book related info; movie reviews (and trailers); interviews with authors and bloggers; arbitrary musings on absolutely random things; and more.

What got you hooked on reading- did you love it as a child, or was it something you grew into?
I always loved reading as a child. I would come back from the library with huge stacks of books that I would finish in a few days. My school librarian in elementary school also had a big influence on me – she recommended great books and encouraged me to keep reading. I’ve always been a bookworm since then!

How were you introduced into the blogging world?
I first started blogging in June 2006, when a friend showed me her blog and encouraged me to start one. I was in fifth grade at the time and only posted poems and random stuff like weather forecasts. In the summer of 2008, though, I discovered Miss Erin, and I was inspired by her blog and her involvement in bookish things to start blogging about all the books I read.

What’s been the most fun or exciting thing you’ve been able to do on your blog lately?
In January, I got the opportunity to interview Shannon Hale about her new graphic novel, Calamity Jack. I’ve been a fan of Shannon Hale since I first read Princess Academy and The Goose Girl, and I was so excited that I got the chance to talk to her.

What’s your opinion of books made into movies? Love ‘em or Hate ‘em?
I’m always excited to see movies that are based off of books. Usually, I’m pretty disappointed because nothing can match up to the book! But there are a few movies which I think are just as good as the book, such as The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe.


You can only afford to purchase one book at the bookstore today. What do you choose?
The Goose Girl by Shannon Hale – I still don’t own any of the books in the series!

What’s your favorite guilty-pleasure T.V. show? Or book?
I love watching Arthur on PBS Kids sometimes – I think that the episodes are timeless and most people can sympathize with the characters despite age differences. As for a guilty-pleasure book, I’m still an avid fan of the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. I started reading the books in fifth grade, and I can’t stop! Every book ends in a cliffhanger, and I just have to read the next one.


What is one thing that most people don’t know about you?
I HATE crayons with a burning passion.

If your life were being made into a movie, what would it be called, and who would you cast?
I don’t know what it would be called, but I do know that it would be very, very boring. As for casting, it would be ideal if I could play myself, but if not, my sister could play me. Or maybe it could be an animated movie…

Anything else you’d like to add?
Thank you so much for interviewing me, Cate!

6 comments ♥:

Melissa (i swim for oceans) said...

I love this feature...I'll definitely check out her blog! I have to add...I adore crayons :)

Cara said...

I love this feature! :D

Priya said...

Thanks for the interview, Cate!

Becca said...

Hey Cate! I'm a huge fan of your blog and have just started my own on poetry, writing, and (of course) books. Do you have any tips on how to work my way through the blogging world? Thank you so much, and once again, I adore your blog!

Maya Ganesan said...

I beg to differ on the thought that a life-based movie would be very, very boring! :) In any case, the feature is great and it was fun to read!

Erin said...

Great interview; you rock, Priya. (and thanks for the shout-out!)

Post a Comment

Newer Posts Older Posts Home