Under the Lamplight: Amber Sky from Reading Addict

Friday, July 2, 2010 |
Under the Lamplight is a bi-weekly meme that I have created to get to know the blogging community! If you're interested in being interviewed, please email me.

Amber Skye from Reading Addict has been so kind as to be this week's guest.

Blog Link: http://addicted2reading4evr.blogspot.com

Could you give a little blurb on your blog?
Hmm, a little blurb on my blog. Well, I started this blog to keep track of my thoughts on the books I read. Ever since the second grade, when my mom got me hooked on Nancy Drew books, I've been addicted to reading. Hence, my blog's name (Reading Addict). I mostly review books, but I also post information on the latest series, participate in weekly memes, and ramble about bookish things.

What got you hooked on reading- did you love it as a child, or was it something you grew into?
As I said in the questions above, my mom was the one who got me hooked. Reading has always been something I've loved. There's nothing better than curling up with a good book after a long, hard day. I've been doing that since I learned to read.

How were you introduced into the blogging world?
I was feeling bored last summer, so I started checking out a couple of book websites. I clicked on a link to another book blogger (Bloody Bookaholic) and was fascinated that someone like me had started their own website. I decided that I wanted to become a part of the blogging world so that I could share my passion for reading with others who feel the same way.


What’s been the most fun or exciting thing you’ve been able to do on your blog lately?
I've actually been able to interview a few authors, which has been amazing. I would never have gotten the chance to talk to these authors if it weren't for my blog. My latest interview was with Jennifer Laurens, the author of Heavenly, which I loved.

What’s your opinion of books made into movies? Love ‘em or Hate ‘em?
That depends. I've never seen a movie that was better than the book, but I do enjoy some movies that are based on books. The most important thing for me is that the movie captures the feel of the book, even if it doesn't follow the plot exactly.


You can only afford to purchase one book at the bookstore today. What do you choose?
... Only one? *sighs* I guess I would probably choose Hex Hall. It looks like a really good read. My second choice would probably be Before I Fall, which looks awesome as well.

What’s your favorite guilty-pleasure T.V. show? Or book?
I read like other people watch TV, so I don't know many TV's shows besides LOST and The Office (both of which I love, even if Lost took a bit of a turn down the path of no return).

What is one thing that most people don’t know about you?
I'm allergic to gold. Seriously, I can't wear gold earrings, which is kind of tragic.

If your life were being made into a movie, what would it be called, and who would you cast?
I would love to cast Anne Hathaway as me. She cracks me up, and her role in the Princess Diaries pretty much describes me. People always tell me that I look like her. I have no idea what my title would be. Sad, I know.

Anything else you’d like to add?
I'd love for you guys to come check out my blog! Thanks so much for letting me do this interview. :) I had fun, and I hope you guys enjoyed reading this.

0 comments ♥:

Post a Comment

Newer Posts Older Posts Home