Under the Lamplight: Em from Em's Bookshelf

Friday, May 14, 2010 |
Under the Lamplight is a bi-weekly meme that I have created to get to know the blogging community! If you're a blogger interested in being interviewed, please email me.

This week Em from Em's Bookshelf is joining us this week!



Could you give a little blurb on your blog? Em's Bookshelf is a place for me to review teen books that I've read. I mostly review books that I enjoyed and want to recommend to others, and I sometimes write about book publishing news...when it strikes my fancy. :)

What got you hooked on reading- did you love it as a child, or was it something you grew into?
I've always loved reading.

How were you introduced into the blogging world?
I started looking for book reviews online and found this whole community of people that liked to talk about books as much as I did. From there, it was just a few steps to start my own blog.

What’s been the most fun or exciting thing you’ve been able to do on your blog lately?
I took a break this winter, only posting a couple of times a month. It has given me time to think about where I want to go with my blog and the break totally renewed my interest in blogging!

What’s your opinion of books made into movies? Love ‘em or Hate ‘em?
Hmm, that's a hard one. It's a mix for me. Some I love, some I hate, and most I can appreciate that the movie is totally different from the book and that's ok.

You can only afford to purchase one book at the bookstore today. What do you choose?
The Heart Is Not a Size by Beth Kephart which will be out at the end of March...would be awesome to get it early. :)

What’s your favorite guilty-pleasure T.V. show? Or book?
I have a lot of guilty pleasure TV shows...Castle (cause it's about a writer!), Grey's Anatomy, Gossip Girl (I'm a little tired of Season 3 but I'm hanging in there), and recently I started watching Life Unexpected (pretty good although sometimes cliche).

What is one thing that most people don’t know about you?
I don't post much about my personal life on my blog so there's probably a lot that people don't know about me. Here's 3 things. I wrote horrible poetry in high school...seriously, it makes me cringe when I read it now. I love rock climbing and white water rafting. And I really want a puppy.

Anything else you’d like to add?
Thanks for interviewing me, Catherine!

Thanks so much for stopping by, Em!

<3 Cate

4 comments ♥:

Sandy said...

Fun interview! I don't post a lot of personal things about myself on my blog either... but I think readers get a feel for a blogger's personality through their reviews and other posts. :)

Jenn (Books At Midnight) said...

Great interview! I really, really want a puppy too, haha. And breaks always renew my interest in blogging. :)

Danielle said...

I can't write poetry either, but i love to read it. Great Interview!

Nishant said...

Fun interview! Really
indian classified site

Post a Comment

Newer Posts Older Posts Home