In My Mailbox (3)

Sunday, October 18, 2009 |
I have an IMM post for you this week! Special thanks to Kristi over at The Story Siren for creating this fun meme.

Received:


I am participating in a blogger event in November, and have chosen to read Syren, by Angie Sage. I actually have not read the other four books in the series- does anyone know if I need to read the previous installments to understand this book? More information to come later!


From the Library:



I actually decided to take up Sandy (from Pirate Penguin's Reads) on her recommendation of The Song Reader by Lisa Tucker. Thanks, Sandy! It truly does look interesting; has anyone else read this before?

Have a relaxing rest of your weekend!

<3 Cate

10 comments ♥:

Bookworm said...

Enjoy your awesome books! (:

Anonymous said...

The Song Reader sounds great. I really want to read it. I'm looking forward to your review. :) Enjoy!

Enna Isilee said...

Cate, you've only got a couple more days to e-mail me your address! Just warning you! :)

Nina said...

Have fun reading the books you got.
:)

Sandy said...

YES! I'm so happy you decided to get it! I can't wait to read your review on it ;) I didn't know that it had another cover for it though... the one I read had a girl with blonde hair on the cover. Oh well! xD I'm considering re-reading it just so I can review it ^^

Syren looks cute; the cover reminds me of those Nicholas Flammel books I keep seeing in grocery stores (ohhh, I can't remember the name! I know I will once I stop thinking about it lol!)

Cate said...

Haha- I'd love to see your review as well! :) There are actually about three different covers for this book- and I also found out that it was originally marketed as an adult book. A little confusing, but I'm liking it so far!

Nicholas Flammel? As in Harry Potter? Let me know if you remember- I haven't heard of those! :)

Nonie said...

Ohh, I think Pirate Penguin means the series called "the Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flammel" by Michael Scott. Those are great too!

Sandy said...

Nonie's right! I started reading the first in the series long ago... but I dropped it for another book. I know, I know. *shame!* But I'm going to reread it in the future... as soon as I tackle my current TBR pile.

I knew there for 2 covers for the song reader. there's a girl with a long blonde ponytail listening to headphones with a hot pink background... the book I read had the cover with a girl with short dirty-blonde hair. (I wonder why they keep giving it new covers...?) this new one looks nice but I feel like it doesn't capture the characters x) I can see it being labeled as adult fiction although the main character is a teen :/

Melanie said...

Is the blogger event super sekrit? =)

The Song Reader sounds pretty interesting. I've never heard of it before. I'll be looking forward to hearing what you think!

Cate said...

Sandy- No clue. All I know is that multiple covers always confuses the mess out of me. I understnad if it needs an update, but sometimes I think some publishers go a little cover-crazy. :D

Melanie- Um, I'm actually not sure if the event is supposed to be a secret. So I'm just keeping it under wraps until further notice. :)

Post a Comment

Newer Posts Older Posts Home