Under the Lamplight: Melina from Reading Vacation

Friday, August 27, 2010 |
Under the Lamplight is a bi-weekly feature that I have created to get to know the blogging community! If you're interested in being interviewed, please email me.

This week we have the very sweet Melina from Reading Vacation joining us!


Could you give a little blurb on your blog?
I am not your typical book review blogger because I am only ten years old. Don’t let my age fool you though. I read on a high school level and review middle grade and age appropriate YA books. When I am not at school or working on homework, I am reading and reading and reading some more. You can easily tell that reading and blogging are my hobbies. I started my blog in March, so I am still pretty new to the whole blogging world. I have met so many nice and helpful people, like Cate! Now that school is out for the Summer, I will have even more time to read and blog. I am planning some interviews, giveaways, and other surprises. I hope you’ll come visit me.

Here is a link to my Reading Vacation blog.
http://readingvacation.blogspot.com/

What got you hooked on reading- did you love it as a child, or was it something you grew into?
I have always loved to read. As a young child, my parents read fairy tales to me every day and night. When I was old enough to read on my own, I made my way from princess and fairy books to chapter books. Now, I am rarely seen without a book in my hands. I read all sorts of books – basically, anything I can get my hands (and eyes) on. Let’s just say, they know me at the local library!

How were you introduced into the blogging world?
I started posting book reviews on the Glogster edu web site for school. Since Glogster is so limited in what it lets you do, my mom introduced me to blogging instead. All I can say is “wow” to blogging!


What’s been the most fun or exciting thing you’ve been able to do on your blog lately?
I hosted my first giveaway! I gave away my signed copy of White Cat by Holly Black. The fun thing is that I had gotten the book at my very first book signing. So it was doubley-fun!

What’s your opinion of books made into movies? Love ‘em or Hate ‘em?
It depends. I loved the Twilight books and movies. For Lightning Thief though, I loved the book but didn’t care for the movie.

You can only afford to purchase one book at the bookstore today. What do you choose?
Midnight Sun

What’s your favorite guilty-pleasure T.V. show? Or book?
I will admit that I enjoy watching Total Drama Action. In case you don’t know, it is a reality show cartoon on Cartoon Network. The new season, Total Drama World Tour, begins this Summer.

What is one thing that most people don’t know about you?
I was named after Arnold Schwarzenegger’s wife in the movie, Total Recall.


If your life were being made into a movie, what would it be called, and who would you cast?
My movie would be called “Different” because I am not afraid to be different. Selena Gomez could play the part of Melina since she has long dark hair, just like me.

Anything else you’d like to add?
Thank you Cate, for this awesome opportunity to be featured on Sparrow Review.

<3 Cate

2 comments ♥:

Melissa (i swim for oceans) said...

Cute interview! I'll for sure check out her blog :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks Cate!

Post a Comment

Newer Posts Older Posts Home