Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by J.K. Rowling Review

Wednesday, July 15, 2009 |


In the sixth installment of the Harry Potter series, a new year at Hogwarts begins, along with a new teacher, old pals, and (relatively) new love interests. Harry learns more of Voldemort's past, and the key to his defeat.

Before I start blabbering endlessly, I'll get this out: J.K. Rowling has such a talent for storytelling. She nails it nine times out of ten, and has created a perfect balance between fantasy and reality that (I'm sure) many writers would kill for. In the Half-Blood Prince, I also felt a different sense of balance. Although there was tension and sadness, there was also laughter (There were several moments I had to set the book down because I was cracking up)and sheer excitement. The story didn't falter, and I enjoyed every chapter of it.

J.K. can also write one good, long sentence. That's the best kind, in my opinion.

The only thing I wish of the Harry Potter books is that I could read them again for the first time. There's something about trying to fit all the pieces together, laughing aloud, and mourning the loss of characters you love that can't be experienced quite the same way again. I feel like I've grown up with these books, and there are so many good memories attached to them. Despite the series being finished, I will always be glad to reread a Potter book. And watch the movies too. :)

Rating: 10/10 (that's right!)

1 comments ♥:

Priya said...

Whenever I reread Harry Potter books, I'm always in awe of the way J.K. Rowling manages to write such long, good books that seem to all fit together.

Post a Comment

Newer Posts Older Posts Home