The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting Review

Saturday, October 17, 2009 |
The Body Finder is essentially the story of Violet, a junior in high school, who has a gift. The gift of finding the dead. When a serial killer is on the loose in her small town, she takes on the responsibility of finding him before he hurts anyone else.

Okay, so normally I'm not a fan of books with a paranormal premise. I'm a fairy tale kind of girl. However, I was intrigued by the whole idea of Violet's ability, and her interest in using it for good. And, after I picked it up, I found it nearly impossible to set down. Seriously. Ms. Derting keeps you on the edge of your seat, and throws in some some huge twists (one nearly killed me, I could've sworn...)

Also, I just have to mention Jay. I have decided that he is second only to Wes, of Sarah Dessen's The Truth About Forever. Sa-woooon. You know what I mean. :)

Definitely pick this up- a quick and enthralling read!

Rating: 9/10

<3 Cate

4 comments ♥:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Jay is second to Wes?! That's serious haha. I'm really interested to read this one. I love paranormal stories that keep you on the edge of your seat. I can't wait to find out what that huge twist is. Eek, I'm excited haha. :D

Sandy said...

Oh snap! Jay comes THAT close to a Dessen boy? Must read this once it hits stores then ;)

Yes, I totally get that reference! I used to love Wes but now I find Owen from Just Listen a bit more interesting (although Wes is still pretty kickass) :D

Cate said...

I know, I know. It's a bold statement to make. ;D I'll be looking around for your reviews to see what you think!

As for Owen...it's been such a long time since I've read Just Listen that I think I need to refresh my memory...*grin*

Melanie said...

I'm usually not into parnormal books either, but lately I've read a few that I've really enjoyed. This one sounds pretty cool!

Post a Comment

Newer Posts Older Posts Home