Saturday, February 6, 2010 | Labels: Challenge
First off, HOW DID I NOT KNOW ABOUT THIS???? Being a complete Gilmore addict (if I do say so myself,) it blows my mind that I hadn't heard about this challenge.
For those of you who have never seen Gilmore Girls (*gasp*), the show basically surrounds a mother- Lorelai- and her daughter, Rory. Rory is a voracious reader; she devours the classics. So the challenge essentially takes every book that she's been seen reading or mentioned on the show. For more information, click here.
I decided to take on 10 books from 3 of the categories, or the Lorelai level. I fear that I just don't have time to read all of them by the end of this year. Not to mention all those other challenges I signed up for...heh heh. I have faith in myself though!
1) Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
2) Madame Bovary by Gustave Flaubert
3) Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy*
4) Roman Holiday by Edith Wharton
5) Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carrol
6) The Fellowship of the Rings: Lord of the Ring Book 1 by J.R.R. Tolkein
7) The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
8) Daisy Miller by Henry James
9) To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee**
10) The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
* I actually began reading this last year, and really enjoyed it. It's just so long.
** My freshman English class never finished reading this- I know- shame on us!
I hear there's a mini-movie Gilmore Girls challenge as well. *raises eyebrows*