Under the Lamplight: Just Your Typical Book Blog

Wednesday, April 28, 2010 |
Under the Lamplight is a bi-weekly meme that I have created to get to know the blogging community! If you're interested in being interviewed, please email me.

Just Your Typical Book Blog is joining us this week!!


Blog Link: http://justyourtypicalbookblog.blogspot.com

Could you give a little blurb on your blog?
Here at JYTBB we read, read, and then read some more. We love discussing our favorite books and even our not so favorite. While we do focus on a lot of Young Adult novels, we also do love Adult fiction as well. We'd love for you to swing by and check us out!

What got you hooked on reading- did you love it as a child, or was it something you grew into?
I've always loved reading sine I was a child. I loved the adventure in reading. Being able to escape to this different place or get sucked into someone else's life was always fascinating to me.

How were you introduced into the blogging world?
Through Myspace. I found randomly found a few bloggers - I think it was Book Chic and The Story Siren - and started reading reviews. I showed my friend Cheryl a few of the sites, and I'm not for sure when or how long after, but she sent me an IM one day saying, "I'm staring a book blog and you're helping me." I was like okay, awesome!

What’s been the most fun or exciting thing you’ve been able to do on your blog lately?
Lately I've ran into more authors to feature on Rock This! Thursday. It's a weekly meme I host where I discuss books and music. It's really cool to see what songs they've chosen for their playlists when writing novels, and just getting a variety of new music to listen to.

What’s your opinion of books made into movies? Love ‘em or Hate ‘em?
I'm a little bit of both. There are some movies I've liked, and others....*raspberry sound*. I usually try to read a book before I watch the movie, but that doesn't always happen. I refuse to read The Notebook because I loved the movie too much. I have a feeling the book will completely top the movie where I won't like it anymore.

You can only afford to purchase one book at the bookstore today. What do you choose?
A Match Made in High School by Kristin Walker. I just read this last night for an ARC Tour, but I have to get my own copy. This book is so hilarious! It's definitely become one of my all time favorites.

What’s your favorite guilty-pleasure T.V. show? Or book?
Bad Girls Club. These chicks are crazzzzy! Also One Tree Hill is starting to become a guilty pleasure. I don't even know what they're trying to do with the story line anymore.

When it comes to reading....I have this weird thing for really cheesy teen romance books that came out in the 80's. There use to be this series, (cannot remember the name of it), that I use to read, but I sold them all in a yard sale years ago. When I stumble across one now a days, I pick it up.

What is one thing that most people don’t know about you?
I don't have an appendix!

If your life were being made into a movie, what would it be called, and who would you cast?
Oh wow...hhmm...it would probably be called Me and My Big Fat Mouth. (I'm a talker.) For casting, I would choose Kristen Bell. We look nothing alike except we're both blondes, but she's one of my favorite actresses.

Anything else you’d like to add?
Thanks for having me here! I hope some of your readers swing by the blog and check it out :)

Thanks so much for stopping by!

4 comments ♥:

Unknown said...

I love this meme! Nice interview I love JYTBB

Sara said...

Aww I love this interview! JYTBB is definitely one of my favorites :D

Anonymous said...

I just love JYTBB! They are one of my favorite blogs!

Amber, you did great on this interview!

Just Your Typical Book Blog said...

Thanks for having me Cate and thanks for the lovely comments guys!

Post a Comment

Newer Posts Older Posts Home