Eyes Like Stars by Lisa Mantchev Review

Thursday, March 4, 2010 |
All her world's a stage.
Beatrice Shakespeare Smith is not an actress, yet she lives in a theater.
She is not an orphan, but she has no parents.
She knows every part, but has no lines of her own.
Until now.
-Goodreads


This one was so easy to fall in love with.

The characters won it over for me on this one- hook, line, and sinker. The fairies and their witty lines, especially. I loved that each character was so well-developed; it was possible to feel like you 'knew' each one, no matter how small a part. And it was so easy to root for Bertie, who I truly have nothing in common with (she's much braver than I ever could be.) I think that's what made the book for me; even though this magical world was nothing like my own, it was easy to slip into the background.

For me, the intriguing plotline and the sharp diaglouge made up for the little pacing blips. The beginning moved slowly, but when the first of a chain of conflicts began I almost didn't realize it was a conflict at all.

Also...Nate or Ariel? Personally, I'm more inclined to Ariel, but his age worries be slightly. Exactly how much older is he than her? Of course, Nate is obviously the more stable and mature of the two- funny, seeing as he's younger- but Ariel seems more adventurous. :)

Oh, I just can't wait until Perchance to Dream!!

Rating: 9/10

10 comments ♥:

Allison said...

I've been meaning to read this one for a while now! Great review

j said...

I'm glad to hear this one is good. I just love the cover! Great review!

Amelia said...

okay this is going on my TBR *right now*!!
Thanks for such a great review :D

Melissa (i swim for oceans) said...

Brilliant review! I think this cover is so adorable, and I can't wait to read it now :)

Nonie said...

The cover is so lovely, and so is the one for Perchance to Dream. I have to read this now!

Shweta said...

Great review.
I have been seeing good reviews of this book for sometime now. Must go and get a copy soon.

Priya said...

This book is awesome! I actually didn't really like neither Nate nor Ariel, but I liked all of the other characters.

Orchid said...

Sounds like a great book. Nice review. :)

Visited from the Satutrday Network

Sandy said...

Awesome review! :)

Like Allison, I've been meaning to read this one too...

emily said...

I'm glad to hear this was a goo book. I've been waiting for this book to get here for a while now. Awesome review!

Post a Comment

Newer Posts Older Posts Home