Under the Lamplight: Nicole from WORD for Teens

Friday, March 19, 2010 |
Under the Lamplight is a bi-weekly meme that I have created to get to know the blogging community! If you're interested in being interviewed, please email me.

This week the fantastically funny Nicole from WORD for Teens is joining us!



C: Could you give a little blurb on your blog?
N: WORD for Teens - Worthy Of Reading & Discussing - is a spazztastic, random, fun, not quite normal book blog. Did I mention spazztastic?


C: What got you hooked on reading- did you love it as a child, or was it something you grew into?
N: I can't remember not loving to read. Books have just ALWAYS been there.


C: How were you introduced into the blogging world?
N: My mother! She runs a blog called Celebrity Do-Gooders and yelled at me to make a book blog when she thought I was talking too much.


C: What’s been the most fun or exciting thing you’ve been able to do on your blog lately? Lately? I got to interview Julie Kagawa, author of The Iron King. I love her - she's so funny and so nice.


C: What’s your opinion of books made into movies? Love ‘em or Hate ‘em?
N: Eek! It depends on the movies. For instance, I couldn't stand the Eragon adaption - but I love the Chronicles of Narnia movies more than the books! It all varies.


C: You can only afford to purchase one book at the bookstore today. What do you choose?
N: Right now? I'd snatch Gail Carriger's Changeless, the sequel to her uberly awesome Soulless. I'm SO looking forward to it.


C: What’s your favorite guilty-pleasure T.V. show? Or book?
N: No book is a guilty pleasure. My guilty pleasure TV show? I'd say Glee, except I don't feel guilty about it! Haha. Probably BBC's Merlin. It doesn't stick to Arthurian legend at all, but it's soooo good. I love BBC.


C: What is one thing that most people don’t know about you?
N:I love everything to do with the Renaissance Faire. The outfits, the food, the jousting, the people...
... maybe that's why I love BBC's Merlin so much!


C: If your life were being made into a movie, what would it be called, and who would you cast?
I don't know who I'd cast, but I'd have Tim Burton direct it, just because it'd be bound to be epic.
(And that JDepp and Helena Bonham Carter'd get stuck in there somehow. Which would ROCK.)




C: Anything else you’d like to add?
N: Books are love!

0 comments ♥:

Post a Comment

Newer Posts Older Posts Home