Charleston and Other Tidbits

Monday, August 3, 2009 |
I'm back! Charleston was beautiful and HUMID, and I'm very glad to be back home in North Carolina, even though I had a wonderful time. The group I was put in scraped and painted a small house, which was actually more fun than I had anticipated. Last Friday we had a free day and visited a waterpark and downtown Charleston. The Battery was gorgeous, and the view was amazing. We had fun browsing the shops and moseying down the streets. Now that I'm home I have to really get started on some summer schoolwork, which (of course) I've left to the last minute. No worries, though.

Right now I'm reading The Adoration of Jenna Fox, and I should have a review up within a day or two. In other news, Julie and Julia comes out this weekend I believe, and I'm hoping my local library puts a rush on the book. I really wanted to read it before I see the film, but it seems like that may not be happening. It may be a blessing in disguise, though. Sometimes it's good to just enjoy the movie rather than having to compare to the book the first time around.

Also, it should be noted that there is a relatively new blogger in town! Reggie from The Undercover Book Lover. She's created a really cool site- go check it out!

That's all for today- keep a lookout for some Charleston pictures that I hope to post later in the week!

2 comments ♥:

Priya said...

I love The Adoration of Jenna Fox.

Melanie said...

I've always wanted to go on a missions trip. Unfortunately, our church isn't large enough yet.

I really want to read/watch Julie and Julia. IIt looks like a lot of fun!

Post a Comment

Newer Posts Older Posts Home