Les Miserables: The Movie Review

Wednesday, August 19, 2009 |
Jean Valjean, a Frenchman imprisoned for stealing bread, must flee a police officer named Javert. The pursuit consumes both men's lives, and soon Valjean finds himself in the midst of the student revolutions in France. -IMDB

Have you ever watched a movie and felt completely in awe of it, hours later? Days later? This was my reacation to Les Miserables.

I have never read the book, or heard the story- but I knew it was good stuff. In my dance studio, we had posters hanging up from Broadway, Les Miserables included. So, when it came in the mail, I was interested in seeing what all the fuss was about. Apparently I have good decision-making skills. (come on, you know you want to laugh)

I thought all of the actors were perfect for their roles...Liam Neeson was AMAZING. But this is to be expected. It's Liam Neeson. I was also very impressed with Geoffrey Rush (Javert). He reminded me of Alan Rickman as Snape, which I don't think is necessarily a bad thing. He definitely had the evil-creepy vibe. Claire Danes was wonderful, as usual.

The story was heartbreaking, in the best way possible. The last ten minutes I was holding my breath, nervously awaiting the outcome. It's suspenseful.

I don't really have much else to say except that you need to rent it. It's probably not at the top of your list, with the action movies and romantic comedies, but you won't be sorry that you watched it. I promise. Borrowing the book wouldn't be a bad idea either.

Rating: 10/10

0 comments ♥:

Post a Comment

Newer Posts Older Posts Home